Mullaloo Tri 2020 - Event Reschedule Update!
As you would now be aware The 2020 City of Joondalup Mullaloo Triathlon, originally scheduled for 29 March 2020 was postponed. This was based on the mandate from both the Federal and WA State Government in response to the COVID-19 global pandemic.
We are now pleased to advise the rescheduled race date of Sunday 01 October 2020.
Athletes that are registered for the event will receive an email in the coming days with further details on the rescheduled race date. If you have additional questions, please contact
Thank you to all our supporters who have been patient in allowing us time to plan for the rescheduled date, which requires collaboration and coordination with many stakeholders. Naturally many of you are disappointed that the event had to be rescheduled but these are unprecedented times and we trust we have provided some suitable alternatives to registered athletes, details of which will be sent via email.
We trust you and your family stay healthy and safe during this extended off-season!
Mullaloo Tri 2020 - postponed!
Release date 16 March 2020
Thank you to our supporters and current entrants for your patience in regard to the status of the City of Joondalup Mullaloo Triathlon 2020.
We regret to inform you that this event is postponed!
Currently WA's emergency management is at the 'response' stage, in line with the National Communicable Disease Plan. Part of this requires in circumstances the cancellation or postponement of public events where many people gather. While WA is still a low risk area for the spread of Covid-19 we understand the importance of the precautions being advised by government and health authorities as proactive mitigation steps to slow the spread of Covid-19. Naturally we would dearly like to proceed with the event as planned, but these are evolving circumstances and we need to consider, the health and safety of all people in the community.
Postponement – what does this mean?
Athletes that are already registered as at 12 noon WST on 16 March 2020 will automatically be transferred to the rescheduled date. The revised date has yet to be confirmed. For some athletes the revised race date may not be suitable in which case you will be able to transfer to the 2021 race event.
Event Registrations will be suspended until a new date is confirmed, following which we will re-open registrations.
Why is the revised date not confirmed?
This date is to be advised as there are many stakeholder and government approvals that would need to be re-visited to enable a complex event like this to proceed. Also we need to consider the fact that other events may be rescheduled so it would be beneficial for the multisports community if we coordinated this to avoid event date clashes as best we can. We will be working on alternative dates over the coming weeks but are also cognisant that these are unusual times and we can only finalise an alternative date in-line with guidelines and directives from government and health authorities as they evolve.
We will email participants once any additional information is available in regard to the revised event date. Further updates and information will also be updated on website and social media accounts. Please direct any queries to email@example.com